Tibet Mountain Biking Adventures 2018 with local Tibet tour agency
Here our professional Tibet biking guides, drivers and cook and tour advisors work together and tailor-make out the Tibet biking adventure program for 2018 season (best biking time is May, early June, August 20 to Oct.10 according to our service experiences)
Tibet mountain biking adventure from Lhasa to Kathmandu: (only 21 days in total, fly in biking out, 19 nights inside Tibet)
B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
21 days Tibet mountain biking itinerary
Day 01 (D) fly from China or Nepal to Lhasa, capital city of Tibet, to be picked up, transfer to center of ancient Lhasa downtown region-Barkhor area, rest in Dhood Gu Hotel or Yak Hotel or similar nice one if late booking (one welcome dinner from our agent)
Day 02 (B) easy culture sightseeing tour in Lhasa: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and the Barkhor streets, o/n hotel as above
Day 03 (B) easy culture sightseeing tour in Lhasa: Sera Monastery and Tibet Museum (easy city biking trip)
Day 04 (B) One day rest for further acclimatization, get well prepared (do some necessary personal shopping)
Day 05 (B) Ride from Lhasa to Gangbala Campsite-Semu village, Gyantang Town-Chutsui County (about 70km to the southwest of Lhasa), on the way we will pass through the villages and towns of Niuwu, Nammu and Gangdui. Camping at the foot of the Mt. Gangbala
Day 06 (B+L+D) early morning after breakfast, we wind up the Gangbala Mountain and have a view to the Lake Yamdrok when we get to the top of Gangbala pass, enjoy the photo shooting, and then descending to the bank of Lake Yamdrok, camping (about 30km hard riding), leisure time in the afternoon with our Tibetan service staff.
Day 07 (B+L+D) Ride from Lake Yamdrok to the power station of Yamdrok and extend to Ngartse County (about 80km), o/n in guesthouse or camping in a beautiful scenery campsite.
Day 08 (B+L) mostly descend down to Gyantse (about 80 km), on the way we pass through villages and towns of Relong, Longma and Niandui, o/n in Jianzang Hotel or similar one if late booking
Day 09 (B+L) Ride from Gyantse-Bailang County-Shigatse (90km), well paved road, o/n in Shigatse Manasarovar hotel
Day 10 (B) rest day needed in Shigatse city, today we will buy more fresh food in Shigatse city, o/n in Shigatse Manasarovar hotel
Day 11 (B+L+D) Shigatse-Tsola mountain pass, camping at Tsola campsite, we are going to pass the Villages and Towns of Chumei, Tseshiu and Jiding (about 75km to the west of Shigatse city)
Day 12 (B+L) Tsola-Lhatse County, take pictures at the Shanghai Plaza 5000 m, to day we are going to ride about 75km, o/n in Lhatse Shanghai hotel or famers guesthouse or similar one if late booking
Day 13 (B+L) Lhatse to Shegar Town which is called New Tingri (90 km), o/n in Shegar Everest hotel
Day 14 (B+L+D) Shegar-Tashi Tsong (about 50km), o/n in local guesthouse
Day 15 (B+L+D) Tashitsong-Basong-Jiaqiongsangba-Rongphu Monastery (about 50km), o/n in guesthouse
Day 16 (B+L+D) 8 km trek or take simple mini bus to the Mt. Everest Base Camp, excursion, in the afternoon back to Rongphu, o/n in Rongphu
Day 17 (B+L) after sunrise photos of Mt. Everest, we will ride along the trekking trail from Rongphu monastery-Old Tingri, about 64 km, O/n Tingri Leopard Guesthouse
Day 18 (B+L+D) Old Tingri-Village of Gutsu and to Mingbu town (about 90km), camping
Day 19 (B+L+D) Mingbu Town-Nyalam, o/n in Ardun guesthouse (best available)
Day 20 (B) Nyalam-Zhangmu (about 20km descending along the amazing scenery road) around 3 pm, cross border and onward to Dhulikhel in Nepal (today our Nepal representative will pick your party up and help you clear the customs and then transfer your luggage to Kathmandu, you will have overnight stop in Dhulikhel where you will bike to Kathmandu tomorrow. o/n at budget guesthouse from our agent side
Day 21 Riding to Kathmandu (accommodation on your own, or if you need any additional tour services in Nepal and or Bhutan, we would be more than happy to organize it well).
Above Tibet biking itinerary copyright is protected by TibetCtrip Travel Service, Lhasa based Tibet tour agency.
* 1 Tibetan local English Speaking guide + 1 cook
* Meals provided by our cook during camping days only, food ingredients, vegetables, meat, beef, etc
* Driver and 1 supporting tour vehicle with roof rack (carry equipment and give a lift to bikers needing a break from peddling)
* 3 star standard hotels (Bed and breakfast twin sharing rooms) in Lhasa, Shigatse, Zhangmu, budget guesthouse in towns, and camping at rest of the places
* All camping gears, tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, cooking tents
* Mineral water, fruits
* All necessary Tibet travel permits
* All Sightseeing entrance fees as per the program
* Nepal side border pick up and transfer to Kathmandu (by one vehicle per group size)
Cost does not include:
* Lunches and dinners when in the cities of Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Lhatse, Zhangmu (during staying in 3 star hotels, our cook do not cook these days)
* Any flights into Lhasa (please let us know where you plan to enter we can arrange your flight tickets accordingly)
* Tibet Group Visa fee if entering from Nepal side
* Insurance, we suggest you buy it from your own country which will protect you much better
* Bikes, if not convenient to bring your own bike, we can provide professional mountain bike at a rental price of US$315 per bike only
To learn the shortime biking, please click Short time Tibet Biking Adventure.
You are welcome to have some reference on Tibet biking adventure photos.