Tibet Travel Booking Terms and Conditions - Tibet Ctrip Tours
By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which outline, among other things, our cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes. You are advised to check on this page or to request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions on your tour contract from our travel consultant. These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you and Tibetctrip.com.
How to book a tour & How to pay us?-Tibet tour booking process
After receiving your inquiry, we will work out tour itinerary with all detailed and clear service items as well as price with full understanding of your requirements (we might have more questions).
When it finally meets your satisfaction, it's time for you to book the Tibet tour with us officially. Here are some easy steps to book a tour with Tibet Ctrip Tours Service TCTS:
1) Tour Confirmation
State in an email that you accept our offer (itinerary, service details, price, etc) and are ready to pay a deposit;
2) Deposit & Balance
A deposit is required by Tibet Ctrip Travel Service to confirm your booking, with limited exceptions noted below.
Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit is received by us. Your reservation will be automatically canceled if the deposit is not received by the deposit due date. We are not responsible for cancellations of land and/or air reservations if the deposit is not received by the due date. On certain departures, deposits may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Payment of the deposit indicates that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
You will receive an email confirmation from your tour consultant once we receive your deposit. If your contract appears to be incorrect or incomplete, please inform us immediately, as it may not be possible to make changes later. We do not accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the contract. In the case of billing errors, we reserve the right to re-invoice you with correct quotations.
Balance payment is due 7 days prior to the commencement of services, or can be paid in cash upon you first arrival in Lhasa. If the balance is not received by the due date, your reservation will be cancelled and your full deposit cannot be refunded.
- To book your Tibet tour more than 40 days prior to your arrival date, a deposit of $200 per person (different tour may have different advance payment amount), plus full airfare and/or train fare if applicable, is required to secure your reservation. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Lhasa before the start of your services.
To book your Tibet tour within 40-25 days prior to your arrival in Lhasa, 30% of the total ground tour costs, plus full airfare and/or train fare if applicable, is required to secure your reservation. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Lhasa before the start of your services.
To book your Tibet tour within 24-15 days prior to your arrival in Lhasa, 50% of the total ground tour costs, plus full airfare and/or train fare if applicable, is required to secure your reservation. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Lhasa before the start of your services.
We do not accept urgent bookings within 15 days of the departure date.
3) Payment Methods (or open Tibet Travel Payment Guide in a separate page)
Recommended Method 1: Western Union
Follow the Western Union payment instructions given in the confirmation letter by your tour consultant and make the payment to us. You will find your local Western Union agent and fill in the money order to us. Send us the info of tracking code (MTCN), sender’s first and last name and the attachment of the photo copy of the money transfer by email. We will usually receive the payment within minutes of your transfer. You will be responsible for any transaction fees incurred in the process. To know more about Western Union and how to use it, please refer to their website here.
Recommended Method 2: PayPal
Our PayPal account is email@example.com. Follow the PayPal payment instructions given in the confirmation letter by your tour consultant and make the payment to us. You will be responsible for any transaction fees incurred in the process. To know more about PayPal and how to use it, please refer to their website here.
Recommended Method 3: Wire Transfer (Bank of China or China Merchants Bank)
Follow the wire transfer instructions given in the confirmation letter by your tour consultant and make the payment to us. You can pay with your PayPal account or with your credit card via PayPal. You will be responsible for any transaction fees incurred in the process. Please send us the receipt of your wire transfer by email attachment or fax. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +86-891-6579796) We will usually receive your deposit within 2-3 working days.
Recommended Method 4: WeChat or Alipay
If you are located in China, WeChat or Alipay is a viable payment method as well. Simply inquire our WeChat or Alipay account and add us and then make the transfer.
Other Methods: We accept travelers checks or cash for your full balance upon your arrival in Lhasa. You are to sign your travelers checks with your own passports at Bank of China, Tibet Branch. The bank will cash out and exchange your currency to CNY (Chinese Yuan, or RMB) and save to our account.
- Any alterations to your itinerary are processed free before the confirmation of your booking. If you wish to change the details after you confirm the tour, you must inform our staff at least 15 working days before your departure date. We cannot guarantee your requests if you make changes within 15 workings days before the start of your services. We do not accept responsibility for any extra charge or loss incurred due to such sudden changes.
- If a change to the confirmed itinerary or service standard is caused by unforeseeable forces or factors beyond the control of our agency, such as policies from local tourism bureau or transport bureau forces, incremental weather, strikes, airlines/train companies issues, major natural disasters (earthquakes, snow slides or landslides, etc), epidemic breakout, political upheavals, etc., extra cost thus caused shall be covered by the traveler himself.
- If a traveler has to leave his tour group because of personal accident, injury, or serious illness or family issues, a refund of not yet incurred tour entrance tickets fee and unused accommodation fee shall be refunded to the traveler. No refund will be processed if any traveler leaves on other personal reasons. No refund will be processed for any cost included in the tour package already incurred but unused by the participant due to his/her own will.
5) Cancellation & Refund
You may cancel your tour after confirmation with deposit. However, you might be subject to cancellation charges depending on the conditions of your cancellation. When you cancel a tour, you will be notified via email or telephone of the total cancellation fees, if applicable.
Non-refundable items: Incurred attraction tickets, theater, show, coupon ticket or scheduled home visit, home meal, flight tickets, train tickets, vehicle cost, visa, Tibet travel permit, and other non-refundable services by third parties.
Refundable items: other tour products & services not specified above
- If you cancel more than 30 days before tour start date, a cancellation fee of USD$50 per person will be charged.
- If you cancel between 30 to 15 days prior to tour start date, a cancellation fee of 10% of the total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel between 15 to 7 days prior to tour start date, a cancellation fee of 30% of the total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel within less than 7 days prior to tour start date, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel on or after tour start date, 100% of the total amount will be charged.
Due to uncertainty of political, climatic and geographical situation of Tibet (e.g, possible earthquake alert which results in attraction closure), tour cancellations might be in neither Tibet Ctrip Tours Service's nor traveler's control. Under such special circumstances, there are two options to resolve the situation:
1.If you agree to cancel the tour before your arrival, we will refund all the unincurred items and we only charge a USD$50 per person fee to cover our labor costs. Items already incurred at certain third parties might or might not be refunded and have to be assessed on a case by case basis. For example, if you book flight/train tickets from us, then the cancellation fee will be charged according to the airline/railway administration policy, and you will be responsible for any refund service fee charged by the bank, etc.
2. If you still want to continue an optional tour or additional program after arrival in Tibet, then we will discuss and design a similar tour that meets your requirements in another opened area for Plan "B". Tibetan areas which in Qinghai and Sichuan provinces in mainland China have slightly different political and climatic situations, but are equally interesting, with rich Tibetan culture and amazing natural scenery, so e can design a similar tour in those areas, but you are responsible to pay cost differences occurred by such changes.
Once the cancellation is confirmed by both sides, we will need your bank account information and Tibet Ctrip Travel Service will refund the remaining amount to you within 20 working days. Please be informed that bank transfer costs will be counted on your side.
The cancellation fee charged by Tibet Ctrip Travel Service will be kept under your name (person who contacted us) for a usable period of 2 years. Within the applicable period you can use it for next time or you can kindly pass your authority to any of your family, friends or colleagues to use by booking a tour with Tibet Ctrip Travel Service. A certifying email from you is necessary to pass the cancellation fee to others, but it is only applicable for private group.
6) At the time you pay the deposit, we also need some information of every member in order to apply for your TTB permit (Tibet Entry Permit) and/or any other necessary travel permits:
- full name (first & last name);
- date of birth;
- passport number;
* all exactly the same as on your passport. The reason you need to tell us your occupation is journalists and people that could be involved in political matters could be revoked (they need more complicated procedure to get a permit). Please fax or email clear photo copies of each member's passport (data page) and China visa to us:
Email: sales (at) tibetCtrip.com or service@tibetCtrip.com
Fax: 86-891-6579796, Mobile: Mr. Tony (8618080158435 for support contact)
7) Once we received your deposit, we will make all the reservations according to the offer within one week. We will send you a confirmation letter when all the bookings are secured. At this time all you need is to be ready for trip to Tibet!
8) Insurance & Documentation
Please make sure to purchase your international standard of travel insurance coverage before you leave your country for Tibet. You have to obtain your China Visa before your trip to China. (Please be aware that enter Tibet from Nepal by land or air, we will need to apply China visa for you when in Nepal).
We will immediately contact our customers traveling with us, to find out about their health and safety.
You can keep in touch with us instantly to know about your relatives or family or friends travelling with us.
We will then do our best to get our customers out of the affected area as soon as possible.
If any customer or tour group is stranded in an area, our tour guides will stay with them until they are able to escort them out of the affected area.
If a disaster occurs in Tibet, all of our customers who are scheduled to visit the affected area will have their itineraries changed.
We can offer many suggestions of other destinations that can be visited, of course with our customer's approval.
We will do everything in our power to ensure that each and every one of our customer's tours is uninterrupted.