Tips for Tibet Travel Permits and Visa Iusses
Travel to Tibet legally with permits and visa in 2017! Get well informed before your Tibet vacation planning. We provide professional Tibet visa/permit information and application service for tourists from Germany, Italy, Netherland, UK, USA, Canada, Russia, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and many other countries. But we do not SELL permit and we only provide tourist visa (eg. group visa from Nepal to Tibet) and Tibet travel permit for people who book tours with our agent. Follow the timely Tibet travel permits and visa news update now.
Tibet Travel Permits and tour Visa Categories
There are overall four documents required for foreign tourists who want to travel in Tibet legally.
- Chinese Visa (from China to Tibet) or Tibet Group visa (from Nepal to Tibet)
- TTB (Tibet Entry Permit)
- PSB (Alien's Travel Permit-mostly for trip with Everest Base Camp and all those unopened area)
- Military Permit and Foreign Affairs Permit
Important Issues about Tibet Travel Permit
1. All foreign tourists can get Tibet permits through a travel agency except for diplomats, journalists, and government officials who should travel to Tibet under the arrangement by the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.
2. After having a permit, a travel agency could buy the air tickets and train tickets for you (sometimes, however, it is not so strictly ruled for issue the train or air tickets with permits, but entry to Tibet does need permits), and you can pass the check-in at the airport and the check point reroute with the permit.
3. Only the guide could hold the permit after you establish yourself on Tibet land. You are not allowed to bring with it and travel to anywhere you want because except Lhasa you need another permit named as "Aliens' Permit".
4. There is a service charge (by the government) to get the Tibet permit (your Tibet travel documents). And it takes time to apply this document with some paper work of filling up many forms with tourist's info, travel agency info, guide info, driver info and info for hotel, etc., as well as submitting, permits delivery. However, in your Tibet travel package, this service charge is already included.
5. Generally it needs three days to get the Tibet permit if you could supply the full necessary documents. But it needs another 3 days (or more) for Express Delivery for the permit. We also can help you to get the urgent Tibet Permit less than three days with urgent charge.
6 We do not SELL permits to any foreign tourists to Tibet.
These documents are important for travelling in if you are planning to travel to some military sensitive areas such as Yunnan/Sichuan to Tibet overland, Kailash Manasarovar, Pomi, etc.
1. If you only travel to Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, there is no need to apply PSB.
2. If you want to do an overland tour from Yunnan, Sichuan, Qinghai or Xinjiang province to Tibet, we need your Entry Stamp to China to apply the PSB before your tour starts. quick Links to: China visa, Nepal Visa
Tibet Travel Documents birdview
Don't hesitate to contact our local Tibet tour agency for full vacation solution in 2013