Top 9: 2 Days Yamdrok Gyantse Shigatse Tour
This 2 day tour is an eventful excursion outside Lhasa. It gives travelers the opportunity to enjoy a combination of important Tibetan cultural heritage and natural wonders. Over the course of the two days, you will visit several high status Tibetan Buddhist monasteries. Pelkor Choede Monastery in Gyantse uniquely houses three Tibetan Buddhism Sects and showcases the best Tibetan paintings inside. Tashilhunpo Monastery in Shigatse has a magnificent structure and is the seat of Panchen Lama. On our way, we will also stop by one of the three holy lakes in Tibet, Yamdrok Lake. Not far away only steps off the main route is the magical Karola Glacier. In a word, the 2 Days Gyantse Shigatse Tour offers great value to travelers and will ensure you an unforgettable time.
2 Days Yamdrok Gyantse Shigatse Tour Highlights
Day 1 Lhasa-Shigatse(350km) Visit Yamdrok Lake, Karola Glacier, Pelkor Chode Monastery. Overnight in Shigatse.
Day 2 Shigatse-Lhasa(280km) Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery and enjoy Tibetan Plateau landscape.
What you can expect
Day 1: Lhasa-Yamdrok Lake-Karola Glacier-Gyantse-Shigatse(340 km) We will leave Lhasa in the morning around 9 am. Our local Tibetan English tour guide and driver will pick you up from Lhasa Ganggyan Hotel parking lot on Beijing East Road in the historic center. If you have a special request for meetup location we can happily accommodate that as well. Our adventure into the grand Tibetan plateau starts today! We head west towards the second largest city in Tibet, Shigatse. On our way, we cross Kampala Pass (4797 m) and then Karola Pass (5050 m). We will first encounter the stunning holy lake of Yamdrok-Tso and then Karola Glacier only steps off the main road. We will visit Pelkhor Chode Monastery in Gyantse that houses the most important Tibetan paintings in Kumbum Stupa, and the majestic Gyantse Dzong (fortress) that overlooks the valley. We will finally reach Shigatse before dinner. Overnight in Shigatse Gesar Hotel or similar one.
Day 2: Shigatse-Lhasa(280km) We visit the prominent Tashilhunpo Monastery in Shigatse. Built in the 15th century by the first Dalai Lama, it has since been the seat of Panchen Lamas, the second highest incarnation only after Dalai Lama. We recommend that you do a Kora pilgrimage around the monastery. After spending some time exploring the local market, we will set out on your 6-hour drive back to Lhasa.
- Tibetan tour guide;
- Entrance tickets
- One night comfortable hotel stay in Shigatse Shegar Hotel or similar one
- Breakfast in Shigatse
- Small-group (maximum of 12)
- Transportation by comfortable van or minibus with experienced local driver (gasoline is included)
- Oxygen cylinder in the car (4 L or 7 L)
- First-aid kit Liability travel insurance
- Drinking water provided during the trip
Service not included:
- Lunch and dinner; Tibet Travel Permits
- Personal expense on food, drink, or individual natural expense such as souvenir;
- Tipping for local Tibetan guide/driver
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Book your Tibet Permit with us at least 15 working days before your arrival in Lhasa. Tibet Permit will be delivered to your flight departure city in China.
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China visas in advance
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Price is based on double occupancy. Single room supplement is subject to availability and additional charge
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Supplier may use transport by train in substitution for the vehicle for Shigatse to Lhasa
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements