Top 10: 2 Days Namtso Landscape Group Tour
Namtso, meaning “heavenly lake” in Tibetan, is a large alpine lake on the northern Tibetan Plateau. Snow from Nyenchen Tangula Mountains has melted and supplied the lake for thousands of years. On this scenic tour, you will witness the beauty of the lake as well as explore its lively naturally surroundings. The rich habitat boasts a large number of wildlife. You will also visit the meditation caves on Tashi Dor Island and pass by the unique Yangpachen hot springs on the way. In a word, the 2 Days Namtso Landscape group tour is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the vast grassland of northern Tibet and collect precious memories of the magical land.
Note: this tour is normally only available from April to October. We suggest you take this tour after 3 days in Lhasa and good acclimatization as the overnight stay by the lake is at a high altitude.
2 Days Namtso Landscape Group Tour Summary
Day 1 Lhasa-Namtso(250km). Enjoy the scenic route and spend time by the lakeside. Overnight at local guesthouse.
Day 2 Namtso-Yangpachen Hot Springs-Lhasa(250km). Explore meditation caves and monastery on the island in the lake. Enjoy Yangpachen Hot Springs on the way back to Lhasa.
What you can expect
Day 1 Lhasa-Namtso (250km) Our local Tibetan guide will meet you in downtown Lhasa at 9:30am and then embark on our road trip to Namtso. We will drive through the magnificent Nyenchen Thangula mountain range and enjoy glimpses of the vast Tibetan Plateau grassland scattered with amazing wildlife and nomadic tents. Upon arrival, we will take a walk by the lakeside and explore the Tashi Island. Overnight in local guesthouse.
Day 2 Namtso-Lhasa(250km) If the sky is clear, we will get up early and watch the sunrise by the lake. In the morning we do a light trek to Tashi Dor Island. We will see meditation caves inside the small monastery on the island. We leave the lake area for lunch at Dumxung town. On our way back, we can stop by Yangpachen Hot Springs and experience the warm and magical water at the foot of big glaciers. Our guide will drop you off in downtown Lhasa by the end of the day.\
- Entrance fee to Namtso Lake
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group
- Comfortable A/C tour van or mini bus with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from Buick or Hyundai Van to Transit Ford or bigger coach (to 20 seats) depending on the group size
- One night stay at local guesthouse near Namtso Lake
- Group tours only include two bottles of mineral water per day per person
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
- Lhasa Accommodation and flights/trains
- Transport between Lhasa city and airport
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.