Day1 Arrival in Lhasa by train or airfare, rest for altitude in Lhasa [with altitude of 3650m]
If you book with 3 or more people at a time, we will arrange a private pick up. Otherwise you will take the cheap and convenient airline shuttle bus (RMB 30 per person) to downtown Lhasa bus stop (nearby east gate of Potala palace), and then you will be taken to your hotel. After checking in hotel, you’d better rest well for high altitude acclimatization. Travel tips: you are suggested to prepare some altitude medicine such as "Diamox" before arrival, or buy some necessary high altitude medicine after arrival to help get well acclimatized. However if you feel quite good, you may walk little bit in Barkhor Streets area or Potala Square to have first impression of Lhasa.
Accommodation :To booked by yourself
Day2 Tour in Lhasa (by mini bus 15-23 seats): Norbulinka and Sera Monastery
Norbulingka which means ‘treasure garden’ in Tibetan language, is located in the west side of Lhasa, a short distance from the southwest of Potala Palace. It is marked as the world’s highest, largest and best-preserved ancient artificial historical and cultural garden. As part of the ‘Historic Ensemble of Potala Palace’, it is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Sera Monastery (founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey of Sakya Yeshe, disciple of Tsongkhapa) is just located at the foot of Tatipu Hill,located 1.25 miles (2.01 km) north of Lhasa and about 5 km (3.1 mi) north of the Jokhang and it is about 6 km to the northeast direction of Potala Palace. It is famous for the Buddhism activities of” Monks Debate” which happens in afternoon from Monday to Saturday. This is one highlight attraction for travel in Lhasa Tibet.
Accommodation: To booked by yourself
Day3Walking sightseeing tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazaar
Today what we will visit in Lhasa is the vital Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple with the vicinity. Potala palace is Lhasa's most important landmark and it is a wonder of Eastern architecture. Your first site of this massive structure will be a magical moment which will be remembered for your rest life time. It has been a palace since the fifth or sixth century and was once the home to the Dalai Lama. Serving as the winter palace for the Dalai Lama for several centuries, Potala Palace contains hundreds of murals, painted scrolls, sculptures, historical and religious documents, and other rare objects. Today another visit we will take is to Jokhang Temple which locates at Barkhor Bazaar. This temple is the most revered shrine in Tibet and is constantly bustling with devout worshipers. We will also be given the opportunity to shop in Barkhor Bazaar, the crowded central market in ancient section of Lhasa where the residence of many local people is. You will stay overnight at 3-star or 4-star Hotel (Option).
To booked by yourself
Day4 Fina departure
You can book a private car or take the airport shuttle bus by yourself. If your flight or train is in the afternoon, enjoy the free time in the morning! You can walk around the ancient Barkhor Streets; do some necessary easy shopping for your family and/or friends and/or love before being transported to the airport or station.
Daily Departure except for Sunday of Norbulinka and Sera Monastery day tour
If the Sera Monastery and Norbulinka sightseeing date is on Sunday, we will need to exchange the Day2 and Day3, because on every Sunday, there is no monk's phylosophy debating activity.
We have daily departure from April 2 to the Jan.20 the next year. Please be noted that Tibet is regulary closed beween middle of February and end of March every year since 2008.
- Minimum group size 2 pax, maximum group size 15 pax, if there is only 1 pax for the final trip, additional US$85 to be upgraded as private tour. If you want us to include hotel and entrance tickets, please refer to Top 2-A: Lhasa Highlight Group Tour
|Nov.1-Feb.10 next year
- Price Per Person in US Dollars is based on the currency exchange rate: 1USD=6.3RMB, if there is currency exchange rate difference, your travel consultant will reconfirm the new and actual price with you upon booking.
- Hotels in Lhasa Downtown we recommend you to book: House of Shambhala (80-100$ per room night with breakfasts), Snow Heaven Hotel or Tashi Norta Hotel ((60-70$ per room night with breakfasts), Lhasa Ganggyan Hotel or Dhood Gu Hotel (US$40-60 per room night with breakfasts), other cheaper hotel will be Tashi Takgye Hotel, Heritage Hotel or similar one. All in all, be sure your hotel is downtown located, with full liscense to host foreign travelers.
Additional travel info:
- Confirmation will be received within 13-24 hours of booking, subject to availability Instant confirmation, but clients must book at least 15-20 days because permits application process takes time;
- About airport transfer: Tour pick up and drop off time is specified (1-3 pax, you will be transferred by shared bus, while 4 pax+ will be picked up/dropped off by private car).
- If your arrival and departure schedule differs, you will need to take an airline shuttle bus (RMB 35 per person) or a taxi- between Lhasa and railway (RMB 50) at your own expense.
- Departure is daily available except for Saturday, you can have extra days before and/or after this trip, but please specify clearly upon booking
- Traveler's are required to provide a photocopy of their passport at least 15-20 days before tour departure date.
- Traveler's are required to provide a photocopy of their China visa at least 7 days before tour departure date.
- Traveler's are required to provide a contact name, phone number, and hotel or residential address in China at least 8 days before tour departure date for Tibet Travel Permits delivery.
- All foreign travelers entering Tibet by air from any cities in China (or by train from Chongqing, Xi'an and Lanzhou) need an original hard copy of Tibet Travel Permit which is to be sent by the local tour operator to the traveler's address above. All foreign travelers to Lhasa by train from any cities in China (except for Chongqing, Xi'an and Lanzhou) only need photocopy of Tibet Travel Permit which is to be sent by local operator via email. Remember to print 4 copies for each page for train check in reference).
- All foreign travelers entering Tibet from Nepal need Additional Tibet Group Visa (TGV requires additional cost ranging from USD$115 to USD$210 depending on traveler's nationality and 3 working days of processing time in Kathmandu).
- Upon booking, please contact our agency for more details if you enter Tibet from Nepal.
- All China visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler, when you apply China visa, please do not mention "Tibet"
- All necessary Travel Permits (not eligible for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal)
- Local Tibetan English speaking guide
- One group meal
- Pick up from airport to hotel: 9:30 am; 1:30 pm; 4:30 pm (1-3 pax per booking by shuttle bus, while van for 4 pax+ per booking)
- Drop off to airport at 6:30 am; 8:30 am; 12:30 pm, 1-3 pax per booking by shuttle bus, while using van for 4 pax+ per booking)
- Pick up from train station: varied depending on customers' arrival time.
- Vehicle between hotel and Norbulinka, Sera Monastery (1-3 pax by taxi or bus, while van or mini bus for 4 pax+ per final group size)
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
- Hotel accommodations
Food and drinks (except for one group meal)
- Personal expense
- Flight or train tickets
Admission Fees: Potala Palace RMB 200 per person from May 1 to Oct.31, RMB 100 per person for the rest season, the rest attraction entrance fee is RMB 165 per person to be paid to ticketing office
- Chinese visa or Chinese Tibet group visa (for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal)
1) If you want to have 1-2 extra days before and/or after the trip, please indicate us clearly with your actual arrivate and departure dates info, flights/train info, thus we can apply the accurate permits for your Tibet holiday.
2) Be altitude sickness free! Here are some suggestions for you to prevent AMS.
- Avoid catching a cold before entering Tibet;
- Try to have a good sleep at the night before flying to Tibet;
- Drink lots of water-This is a must; begin drinking more water than normal before arriving in Tibet;
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol;
- Avoid intense physical activity on the first couple of days after arrival in Tibet;
- Walk slowly and drink extra fluids after getting off the airplane;
- Light and high carbohydrate meals are recommended for more energy; Don't drink alcohol or smoke;
- Climb up to higher altitude slowly;
- Avoid sedatives;
- Prepare some medicines as per doctors’ suggestion.