Sacred Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2019 with Tibet Travel Experts in Lhasa
Mt Kailash, the holiest mountain worshipped by four major religions, is the special destination offered by Tibet Ctrip Travel Service-TCTS (www.tibetctrip.com) in 2019. This is an exclusive opportunity for those who are spiritually and physically ready for a secluded region.
Mt Kailash has been a lodestone to pilgrims and adventurous travellers for centuries. With the origination of four of the most sacred rivers ensuring that Mt Kailash sits at a very high position of religious virtue. Trekkers and spiritual seekers have a unique opportunity to join a guided and fully-supported Mt Kailash trek in 2019 with Tibet Ctrip Travel Service from Lhasa to reach the most sacred mountain in the world - Mt Kailash, considered by Hindus to be the home of Shiva. This exclusive journey is made for travelers in search of a cultural and spiritual understanding amidst the splendor of the Himalayan mountain range. This is a rigorous journey requiring hiking and long hours of daily driving through the remote and wild western regions of Tibet. Driving elevations range is from 9,000ft (2,745m) to 16,000ft (4,880m) and hiking will reach a maximum of 18,400ft (5600m).
More than a just a mountain trek, this is an extraordinary journey during which trekkers will explore Tibet's mythical Mt Kailash and Lake Manasarovar. The 'kora' (holy-walk) takes 3 days to complete. After completing this trek those traveling with Tibet Ctrip will stay overnight by the banks of lake Manasarovar and then drive eastwards by jeep along the mighty Zangpo River and through the vastness of the Tibet Plateau. Here they will enjoy fantastic mountain views of the Himalayas. This whole adventure takes about 15 days in Tibet. And is fully supported by experienced local Tibetan guides.
General Weather Condition of Mt Kailash Area
The weather conditions in Mt Kailash are mostly chilly during the nights and not as cold during the days. There are three seasons in Mt Kailash area – Summers, Monsoons, and Winters.
Summer at Mt Kailash is from May to August with the climate in an average of 15°C. At this time is the mega Saga Dawa Festival which is held around May and June each year. This festival is the most important annual religious festival in Tibet, where you can witness vast crowds of pilgrims doing the yatra around Mt Kailash and taking a dip in the holy waters of Lake Manasarovar.
Monsoon at Mt Kailash is from September to November and have little rain falls. This tends to drop the temperature down to 10°C. All trekking in the area comes to a halt by November when the region is cut off by snow.
Winter at Mt Kailash is from December to April and near temperatures of 5°C. It can even reach dangerous cold levels of -15°C. There is often snowfall during this period, making it a very challenging period for travelers.
Best Time for Mt. Kailash Yatra 2019
When doing a pilgrimage, doing it at the right weather conditions will help you internally to offer your whole soul into purity as well as externally to be physically able to complete it. The best time to pay respects to the holy Mt Kailash is usually between May to earlier October. What is important is the visibility is very clear during this time, which ensures that no dangers are faced in the remote area. It will not be warm, but the temperature is comfortable to be trekking around and not extremely cold below freezing point.
Traveling during the safest times will ensure the brute weather changes and harsh cold climate will not have to be faced. Moving during Monsoon Seasons can lead to severe falls due to rainfall and can give you chills as temperatures are way below that during the summers. As for the winters, the sub-zero climate can lead to severe cases of heart attacks due to overexertion from respiratory or heart problems. The cold winter seasons can also cause harsh frostbites.
Tibet Travel Permits Needed for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2019
First and foremost, you need a passport to travel to a foreign country. A valid Chinese visa and Tibet Travel Permits are needed to travel around Tibet. The Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa issues the Tibet Travel Permit and this is best done by a legal Tibetan Travel Agency like Tibet Ctrip Travel Service-TCTS (www.tibetctrip.com). Apart from this, there are three other permits required for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra. The whole process needs about 30 days.
Aliens’ Travel Permit – Which gives you permission to enter 6 prefectures in Tibet which are Shigatse, Nyingchi, Shannan, Ngari, Nagchu, Qamdo. Since Mount Kailash and Manasarovar Lake are located in Ngari, this is an important permit. It is issued by Public Security Bureau and takes only 40 minutes to get this permit.
Tibet Border Pass – This helps gain access through the checkpoints before getting to areas in Ngari like Mount Kailash and also if you are flying in from Kathmandu to Lhasa. It is issued by the Tibet Armed Police Border Corps in Lhasa.
Military Permit – Since Mount Kailash is near sensitive military settlements, this permit allows you to bypass the military bases. It is issued by the Military office in Lhasa and can take quite a lot of time for gaining it as its very strict.
What to Pack for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2019
Traveling to Mt Kailash during the long but spiritual pilgrimage means, cold temperatures and long treks. Carry light and only essentials so that the trek is far easier.
• Back Pack
• Track Suit Long Sleeved Shirts
• Lots of Socks
• Two pairs of Gloves
• A Pair of Hiking Boots
• Under Garments
• Bed Sheet
• Money Cap
• Sweater with High Neck
• Pair of Thermal Bottoms
• Night Wears
• Long Sleeve T-Shirts
• Swim Wear for Bath
• First Aid Kit – Painkillers, Multivitamin Pills, Band-Aid, Altitude Sickness Medicines
• Toiletries – Tooth Paste, Tooth Brush, Soap, Shampoo, Lip Balm, Sun Block Cream
Things to Be Ware for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2019
• Along with packing the essentials, be better prepared to face the pilgrimage by preparation. This could be a pleasant one hour walk every morning, jogging daily, stretching and regular exercises which can help you strengthen both your cardiovascular strength and stamina. Yoga and meditation should be done appropriately before the pilgrimage to keep the mind sharp and be ready to battle signs of giving up.
• The items you carry will be in a backpack, and so the physical strength will help you carry the backpack in extreme climates. Hiking specific training can be the main point of physical activity to be best prepared for the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
• Overall the experience of a Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is one of a kind. Mt Kailash along with Lake Manasarovar yatra are beautiful escapes from your daily world. The pilgrimage taken will keep your soul and heart both happy, with an experience of a lifetime. Therefore, going at the right time will ensure that reroutes to the region are not experienced, along with physical and mental health in check being maintained.
• It is not only this but the Saga Dawa Festival which falls every once a year is during the warmer summertime in the high regions of Mt Kailash.
• Book well in advance for the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra, as the flock of pilgrims during the summertime tend to book out the hotels and tour packages. Keep yourself well prepared and plans flexible, and you will experience a pilgrimage which will eternally make you feel happier, stronger and spiritually more enlightened.
All will be carefully organized by Tibet Ctrip Travel Service-TCTS (www.tibetctrip.com) to ensure a very safe and enjoyable trips for you. Only the best accommodations, guides and porters are used, and any trek can be customized to a client's preferences. More information please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org