All about Tibet Travel Permits & Visa Documents 2015
Travel to Tibet legally with permits and visa in 2015! Get well informed with the latest Tibet travel permits and visa news before your vacation planning. As local professional travel agency, we provide acurate Tibet travel visa/permit information and professional application service for foreign tourists from Russia, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and many other countries. But we do not SELL permit. We only provide tourist visa and Tibet travel permit for people who book tours with our agent. We are here in Lhasa to assure you with permits and visa solutions. Please send email to email@example.com now!
Morning at 10:30am, Jan.14,2015 update: Tibet Tourism Bureau issued the latest permits policy that foreign travelers must leave Tibet no later than Feb.15 2015. This is for the current winter travel permits situation.
Jan.4,2015-the latest Tibet travel permits policy: For the upcoming Tibet tour season, as usual we accept Tibet tour booking for entry date from April 5, 2015 onward (Kailash and Lake Manasarovar travel permits are allowed for group size no less than 3 people with the same nationality. This is subject to change and we will keep travelers updated instantly here), to avoid urgent permits policy change and permits delivery, we still suggest foreign tourists confirm a Tibet trip at least 3-4 weeks in advance).
Tibet Travel Permits and Visa Categories
There are overall four documents required for foreign tourists who want to travel in Tibet legally.
- Chinese Visa (from China to Tibet) or Tibet Group visa (from Nepal to Tibet)
- TTB (Tibet Entry Permit)--email passport and visa photo copies to us at least 10-40 days in advance;
- PSB (Alien's Travel Permit-for trip with Everest Base Camp and all those unopened area)-apply after arrival;
- Military Permit and Foreign Affairs Permit--mainly for Kailash, Sichuan/Yunnan-Tibet overland;
Tibet travel documents general information:
→ One is the Chinese Visa, which you can apply for in Chinese Embassy in your country (If you go to Tibet via mainland China). Please be aware that: if you enter Tibet from Nepal, no China visa but Tibet Group visa is needed.
→ One is Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB-Tibet Entry Permit), which you have to obtain in order to enter Tibet by flight otherwise you will be rejected to get bording pass, meanwhile for train to Tibet, sometimes they also check original TTB permit even though most cases a photo copy of the permits works. This is for Entry to Tibet.
→ One is the Alien's Travel Permit (PSB-ATP) when you are planning to travel to the 'unopened' areas in Tibet. The other ones are Tibet military permits, foreign affairs permits, Tibet tour guide's license permit, Drivers license and working certificates, vehicle transportation permits, border passing permits, etc.
Necessary Tibet Travel Documents
All individuals entering Tibet must hold a passport valid for at least six months.
B China Visa or Tibet Group Visa
1. Entering Tibet via Mainland China, firstly you need to apply China visa for entry to China
Tibet is part of China, under the Chinese Central Government's Sovereignty. Thus to travel from China to Tibet, you have to obtain a China Visa before getting to Tibet. Visas for individual travel in China are very easy to get from most Chinese embassies. Most Chinese embassies and consulates will issue a standard 30-day, single entry tourist visa in three to five working days (an 'L' Visa means travel). If you are lucky, some embassies abroad may give you a 60 or even 90days. But in Hong Kong it is very easy to get a 90 day visa; most agencies can arrange it in one day. If you want more flexibility to enter and leave China several times, most Chinese embassies will issue a double-entry visa.Well, for those who are to work,study or live temporarily in China, you may need the other related China Visa such as "F" Visa,"X" Visa or "Z" Visa, etc. All these kind of visa holders can travel in Tibet with the Tibet entry permits and other travel permits which can be obtained by local travel agency in Tibet with strict and serious procedure. More info about China Visa, please click this link: China visa
Tips when you apply for a China visa to Tibet:
You'd better not mention Tibet or any places in Tibet such as Lhasa, Everest as your travel destination when applying for China visa (China Embassy in Kathmandu is the exceptional) because you may be refused by stating that you will go there. Otherwise, you need to get a Tibet Permit beforehand and apply for a China visa with it then which gets more complicated.
2. Entering Tibet via Nepal by land or air, If you want to enter Tibet from Nepal, you have to get your TIBET GROUP VISA in the Chinese embassy in Kathmandu, no matter whether you have already Chinese visa or not. Tibet Group Visa is a A4 size sheet of paper, with all members of the tour and their passport numbers, date of birth and occupations listed. The dates of entry and exit are precisely mentioned. Usually, the visa is valid for the length of the trip you have booked but it's possible to get visa for few additional days, for stay in Lhasa only. There will be two original copies of Group Visa, one for immigration at the entry and one for exit. We can easily help you with the Tibet Group visa application.
C Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) Permits-Tibet Entry permits
Tibet entry permit first page and second page covering your travel info and names,etc
Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) Permits are necessary for entry to Lhasa or any other part of the Tibetan Autonomous Region, and are obtained through tour operators as part of arrangements for travel; A T.T.B. permit does not obviate the need for an Aliens' Travel Permit for any closed areas that may be visited.
After you decide to travel with us, we will help you to obtain your Tibet Travel Permits. It will be quite simple for you, just need to send us:
Full name | Gender | Date of birth | Passport number | Nationality | Occupation
Also, we need the photos copies of passport and Chinese visa by email attachment or fax.
Keep in mind:
1) All info should be exactly the same as on your passport. And you need to tell us your occupation because journalists and people that could be involved in political matters could be revoked (they need more complicated procedure to get a permit).
2) Please note that if you do not book any tour from us, we can not help you get the permits. No travel agency can provide "permit-only" service. A must service includes tour vehicle and tour guide. Here is some important issues about Tibet Travel Permit.
D Aliens' Travel Permits (PSB's)
Permits to visit places that are not declared open are known as Aliens' Travel Permits, or PSB's. They are issued by the police (Public Security Bureau, "PSB"). A single permit is normally issued to all the people who are traveling together, the permit naming just one of them and stating how many others are accompanying him; the passports, or at least photocopies of passports and visas, of all persons traveling must be presented in order to obtain a permit.
1. If you only travel to Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, there is no need to apply PSB.
2. If you want to do an overland tour from Yunnan, Sichuan, Qinghai or Xinjiang province to Tibet, we need your Entry Stamp to China to apply the PSB before your tour starts. quick Links to: China visa, Nepal Visa
E Military Permit and Foreign Affairs Permit
Tibet Military Permit and Foreign affairs permit documents are for travel to some military sensitive areas such as Yunnan/Sichuan to Tibet overland, Kailash Manasarovar, Pomi, etc.These documents are important and normally the application needs to be prepared one month in advance. So early tour confirmaiton with local Tibet travel agent is necessary.
Tibet Travel Documents birdview
Tibet Travel Permits, Entry to Tibet 1st page
Tibet Travel Permits, Entry to Tibet 2nd page
Alien's Travel Permit, Everest Base Camp and all un-open area
Tibetan travel guide and Driver Permit
Tibet Group visa letter 2009
The Tibet permits and visa re-open to foreign travelers creates countless new opportunities for those looking to explore unmatched natural scenery and engage with a unique Tibetan culture. However, it is important for travelers to bare in mind that Tibet travel policies can change at any time with little to no advanced notice. To understand the latest Tibet travel permits policy and fix your Tibet travel arrangement You are welcome to contact local Tibet travel agency now for full vacation solution in 2014.