This budget Everest Base Camp tour blends Tibet culture and history with some of Earth’s most spectacular scenery! After 3 days easy cultural sightseeing tour in Lhasa, you will get acclimatized to the high altitude and oriented with Tibetan culture. The drive to base camp takes two days, making several stops.
Travelers looking for a budget Everest Tour tour no longer have to settle for crowded group tour buses! Tibet budget travelers often feel that they are faced with limited options. But here we have been working to open up new group Tibet travel opportunities for travelers looking to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
Tour Program Outline
|Tour Day1 by yourself||Get to Lhasa, get to hotel by convenient airport shuttle bus||Rest for high altitude acclimatization||hotel by yourself|
|Tour Day2 by yourself||Lhasa Highlight day tour(optional-possible free time by yourself)||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor streets, Tibetan tea house||hotel by yourself|
|Tour Day3 by yourself-or more or less time in Lhasa per your own schedule||Lhasa Highlight day tour(optional-possible free time by yourself)||Drepung and Sera Monastery||hotel by yourself|
|Day1||Lhasa-Shigatse (280km, about 4-5 hours)-optionally: Lhasa-Lake Yamdrok-Karola Glacier-Gyantse (Pelkhor Monastery)-Shigatse city||landscape trip, Tibetan streets, Tashilhunpo Monastery (or optionally Lhasa-Lake Yamdrok-Karola Glacier-Gyantse (Pelkhor Monastery-Shigatse city||Gesar hotel or Shigatse Manasarovar Hotel|
|Day2||Shigatse-Shegar-E.B.C (5200m),about 10 hours||Landscape along the way, Campsite view to Moutain Everest||Campsite dormitory Nomad Tent house or Rongphu Guesthouse optional|
|Day3||E.B.C-Shigatse city||EB.C 4-8km trek, view to peak of Everest,driving back||Hotel-the same as above|
|Day4||Shigatse-Gyantse (90km)-Karola Glacier-Yamdrok-Lhasa (Optionally Tashilhunpo Monastery-Shigatse-Lhasa via G318 road). ---Tour ends when after we transfer you back to your hotel||Pelkhor Monastery,Kumbum Pagoda, Karola Glacier,Lake Yamdrok (Optionally we visit Tashilhunpo Monastery and drive back to Lhasa if we visit Gyantse on Day4)||hotel by yourself|
1) Tell us clearly your earliest arrival date in Lhasa and from which city in China your flight and/or train is,
Eg. The earliest date is May 20,2016, flight CA4112 from Beijing to Lhasa (9am-3 pm); or arrival at 12 o'clock, April 5, Train Z6801 from Xi'ning
2) Tell us clearly your latest date of Leaving Tibet to which city in China or Kathmandu, Nepal;
3) Travel permits will cover your duration above;
4) Inform us with the correct info: Your Tibet hotel name, address and phone number, booking reference codes (and/or room number if you have); Your accommodation in Lhasa (before and after the 3 nights 4 days tour above) is not included;
5) The tour above is a a group tour, if anyone is seriously ill and can not continue to take the trip from Shigatse to Everest Base Camp (340 km), he or she may have to stay in Shigatse city to wait for the group coming back on the 3rd day, or urgently he or she must return to Lhasa on the second day by train from Shigatse to Lhasa urgently, any extra cost of accommodation (65-75US$ per room night) and transporation cost (3 hours train costs 25$) is to be charged reasonably. Read more about how to against Muntain Sickness now.
6) Please double check with your docotur about your health situation, and ensure that you have suitable travel insurance from your own country.
7) Travelers who entering Lhasa from any cities in China can take the convenient shuttle bus from airport to downtown Lhasa and take taxi to your hotel easily, expensive private car is not a must; and this is the same for hotel to airport. Travelers who enters Lhasa from Kathmandu (or from Lhasa to Kathmandu) needs a tour guide to pick up and drop off because our tour guide has to help you clear the airport customs checking in and out with the travel documents. Bus fee is US$5 per person (guide service is to be charged if included).
- Best Landscape trip of Tibet in 4 days
- 1400 km to the southwest of Lhasa (round-trip)
- All necessary Tibet travel permits covering your whole time in Tibet
- Highlight attractions: Everest, Tashilhunpo Monastery, Palkhor Monastery +Kumbum Pagoda, Karola Glacier, Lake Yamdrok
- Easily to add more day trips before or after the tour above
- Reliable local Tibet travel agency with expert Tibetan guide and safe driver
- Tour vehicle from 15 to 29 seats (according to group size)
Lhasa to Shigatse city, 280 km (visit Tashilhunpo Monastery)
Today's activities: Landscape driving from Lhasa to Shigatse city, Tashilhunpo Monastery. It is 280 kilometers from Lhasa to Shigatse city. We will leave Lhasa around 8 am and get to Shigatse city around 2 pm. We can have lunch somewhere on the road and we will have stops where it is good to take pictures and rest. From 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm we would visit Tashilhunpo Monastery.
Tips: this afternoon, our guide will take your passport to try to obtain the PSB permit (Alien's travel permit) to Everest Area, it will take about half hour (it depends the queue at the office), and you may either wait in the vehicle or just walk around. The application could be arranged next morning alternatively according to the local PSB situation.
Accommodation: Shigatse city Gesar hotel or Shigatse Manasarovar Hotel
Shigatse-Lhatse-Shegar-Rongphu-Everest Base Camp, 340 km
Today's activities: Landscape driving from Shigatse city to Rongphu Monastery, 4 km trekking from Rongphu Monastery to Everest Base camp.
Accommodation: Campsite nomad tent house or guesthouses in Rongphu (Everest Base Camp Region Accommodation), note: the toilet in Everest Base Camp region is quite simple and not clean.
Everest B.C-Back to Shigatse city, 340 km
Today's activities: Everest Sunrise and last peak at Everest (8 hours of drive). Wake up this morning below the stunning north face of Mt. Everest (8844.43 m), the tallest mountain on earth. For those tourists want to go to Base Camp in the morning to have closer view to Everest, we can take the local environment tour vehicle to Everest. B.C and after shooting the photos, we come back to Campsite and then we drive back to Shigatse (340km), and be wrapped again in the endless vistas of the Tibetan plateau.
Accommodation: Shigatse Manasarovar Hotel or Gesar Hotel or similar one if late booking
Shigatse city-Gyantse (90km)-Karola Glacier-Lake Yamdrok-Lhasa (260km)
Take breakfasts before 8 am, we will start the drive to from Shigatse to Gyantse on the Southern Friendship Highway. The 90 km landscape driving takes about 2 hours. At Gyantse city, we are going to visit Pelkhor Choede Monastery and Kumbum Pagoda. Crossing over the summit of Kamba La (4794 m), you'll see the tranquil turquoise waters of Lake Yamdrok below; one of the three holiest lakes in Tibet. Far in the distance you'll spot the towering massif Mt. Nojin Kangsang (7191m) and the staggering Karola Glacier (5045m).
Dates & Price
Fixed Departure Date and Price
|Departure Dates||Price(per person) /Status|
|2017-04-02||USD930 / Group A Fully Booked Group B 4 Confirmed|
|2017-04-02||USD930 / Group A Fully Booked Group B 4 Confirmed|